Thursday, March 20, 2008

Day 100

Robby started preschool last September. Since the first day, we have been counting to "Day 100". He was looking forward to the special party we would have that day, and today (3/19/08) is the day!


A close up of his special "Day 100" glasses. He wasn't crazy about them, but did agree to wear them momentarily, i.e. so I could take his picture. Ha!

We counted to "Day 100" by adding a marble to this jar each school day, adding a bean to the other jar, and filling in one square on the graph paper. Robby can count to 100 by 1's and 10's.

No party is complete without ice cream and cake! Robby suggested that we use candles. :) Today, he lined up 100 pennies, climbed 100 steps, ate 100 pieces of popcorn, and cooked the 100 beans he collected. They were pretty "yucky", so we just threw them away.

During the afternoon, Robby handed me an envelope containing a note he wrote. He said, "Mom, give this to be on 100." I said, "Do you mean today, on Day 100 of school?" He said, "No, I mean when I turn 100 years old I want you to give this note to me." Ha! I hope God lets me live to see his 50th birthday!!!! Ha!