Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!!

Native Americans

Don't be shocked! The boys still love playing/dressing up as cowboys, but after watching a movie, "The Indian in the Cupboard", they wanted to dress like indians. Wouldn't you?!

This evening, despite the rain/thunderstorm, we went to the Lebanon Fair Grounds for the fireworks display. It was terrific! Activities, e.g. water slides, inflatables, food vendors etc. were planned, but most activities were cancelled due to poor weather.

I have no idea who the entertainment was, but he sang well and kept us out of the rain for awhile. Ha!

These poor guys didn't make much money today, unfortunately.

I love funnel cakes, don't you? I'll never forget the very first time Bobby and I shared a funnel cake. We were at Riverbend in Chattanooga. (Before we were married or after?? Hmmm, I can't remember right now.) He was going to take the first bite, so he picked up the entire funnel cake, shook it vigorously in order to remove all of the powdered sugar, and then took a bite. I screamed!! The powered sugar is the best part; a funnel cake is nothing without it!!! Ahhhh! That was absolutely the worst funnel cake I've ever had. Needless to say, Bobby never made that mistake again. :)

When we entered the pavillion to hear the singer perform, this man smiled really big, extended his hand, and started talking to Bobby. I thought he was a co-worker of Bobby's. Uh, it's our town mayor. Oops!

I love this picture. I'm not sure what they were saying or thinking, but the expressions are adorable. Don't they look great in the shirts Aunt Lynn gave to them? Thanks, Aunt Lynn!! Robby's eyes matched his shirt perfectly.

This was cool. There happened to be a calf roping competition at the fair ground today. Talk about the perfect entertainment for two cowboys (uh, er, I mean cowboys/indians.)

Captivated. Johnny kept saying, "Mommy, I want to ride a horse!"

"Walking in the rain with the one I love, feels so . . . 'yucky'!" (Bobby hates rain.)

Line of traffic. Actually, it wasn't too bad leaving. This is the car that was in front of us. Why did I include this photo? Well, because my photography of the fireworks was absolutely horrible, and this was the only colorful shot I got. Ha!

See what I mean??


Distorted faces in the rain. :)

Isn't he charming? :)