Monday, June 9, 2008

Good-bye, Chattanooga

Wow, many days have passed since I last had a chance to post anything. So, let's see if I can catch up quickly. Our last night in Chattanooga, as residents i.e., was Thursday, May 29th. Robby stayed at Aunt Sher's with his cousins (and had a blast!) while Johnny, Bobby, and I stayed at 2205 Peterson Drive for the last time. Since we had pretty much prepared everything for the movers, we had to eat outside in the garage. We used the cooler as both our refrigerator and table. :) Bobby looks kind-of, hmmm, nuts. Ha!
Oops, I didn't mean to pack this precious cargo!

Final shot of our living room.


Final shot of our dining room.

I stayed up until almost 2:00 A.M. cleaning the house for the new owners. It looked so nice and, sad to say, had never been so clean. Ha! Friday was a busy day. We closed on this house at 11:00 A.M. (Robby was still at Sher's and Johnny went to play at Lindy's house.) Bobby tried and tried to finish packing, but just couldn't make it. Thankfully, the movers agreed to finish up for him by packing everything in the garage. Rats, I didn't want to take all of that with us! :) I picked up Johnny and left for Sher's house to get Robby. Bobby finished up at the house and left shortly thereafter. We met at the Racoon Mt. exit to get a bite to eat before driving to Mount Juliet to close on our new house. We had a 3:00 P.M. appointment, so really had to hustle. Thankfully, the seller signed papers earlier in the day, so we were able to drive to Nashville leisurely and just close whenever we arrived. God worked out soooooo many details in just that way for us. We were so thankful for His intervention and provision. The closing went quickly and easily! The office staff provided lots of snacks, so the boys were very content while Bobby and I signed documents. Next, off to our new house!!!